1. Skype– For any business, small or large, communication is crucial. Skype facilitates this need with a free, easy-to-use application. Skype allows all employees (whether in the office or overseas) to keep in touch via messaging, audio or video calls. Harnessing the power of internet telephony, Skype effectively connects you to anyone else with the service using an app that is downloaded to your device. In today’s digital age, so much business depends on the Internet. Skype is an ideal because because it allows employees and customers the ability to discuss issues, problems and solutions. Instead of having to call about every issue, a quick message to a colleague may suffice and provide answers quickly. Skype is free from computer to electronic device and has affordable rates when calling from a electronic device to a traditional telephone or mobile phone. While Skype to Skype calls, instant messages and group calls are always free, the Premium Skype plan (beginning from around 5 dollars/month) offers group video calls, group screen sharing, no advertising, live chat customer support, and free calls to a country of your choosing. Downloadable on most electronic devices with internet access, It is simple to install and use, and can make a world of difference to the unity of your business. A fast Internet connection is required for high quality audio and video calls via Skype.
2. Hootsuite– Social Media has changed the way companies promote themselves. Social networking website shave made it easy for businesses to gain exposure and communicate with the masses. Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn are a few of the most popular social networking sites that have changed the way we connect and communicate. Hootsuite is an application software tool that allows users to communicate through various social media channels from one place. With Hootsuite, you can keep your followers up-to-date by simply posting once. Hootsuite is connected to many social networking websites. After configuring each account via Hootsuite, a simple click of the button allows the user to have a strong digital presence. The app allows the user to customize specific columns of information (e.g. – can show your Twitter mentions or direct messages, or your Twitter news feed and outgoing tweets). Having all your social media channels visible in one window via Hootsuite is convenient, more efficient and allows for better interaction. The tool also allows the user to schedule different posts, keeping your company visible in any time zone. Hootsuite is available as a free downloadable app for most devices and can also be accessed via browser. Hootsuite is free to use up to a certain amount of feeds, however if users wish to reap the full benefits a “pro” version is available for $9.99.
3. LocalVox– Like Hootsuite, our third App- LocalVox,also assists with the marketing of your business. For small organizations, promotion is especially challenging. LocalVox keeps your current clientele updated on your company’s progress while simultaneously attracting new clients. Localvox has a variety of outlets from which you may benefit. For example, simply enter your business information (social media networks, description, photos, keywords, testimonials, contact details, etc) into the LocalVox database. The application then launches your online marketing campaign, pushing your profile through various channels in order to gain exposure. LocalVox is accessible across all your digital devices, computer to smartphone, and focuses specifically on your local target area. Some of the many benefits of this app are that it is able to update your website and social networks, increase chances of getting found on Google and send automatic emails to your existing customers. Small businesses often rarely have brand name recognition. LocalVox is there to help. The app allows you to monitor your progress and control your campaign using an easy-to-navigate dashboard that will function as the control panel for your service. Available for a reasonable price, the LocalVox package useful for small and medium sized businesses wishing to optimize their presence. The simplest Localvox service is $399 per month. More extensive plans are available for either $549/month or $1,499/month.
4. Expensify– All businesses have expenses. Keeping track of money coming in and out is necessary in order to managed cash flow. Expensify, available as an app for all your technological devices (as well as being accessible through signing in on your browser), is transforming the world of expense reports. The app offers comprehensive, digital expense tracking and is able to sync directly with your credit card or bank account to ensure your finances are always updated and accurate. Expensify has unlimited storage, and is stores receipts and other important data. The application is ideal for creating expense reports, and makes it easy to reimburse employees by providing direct deposit options to their bank accounts. It is completely free (including app downloads) , integrates with Quick Books and can sync with most accounting packages. Expensify offers simplicity and reliability. This application keeps your company’s budgets and your finances on track.
5. Asana– With any successful business, productivity is important. Many also believe that effective organization and time management is crucial. Meetings, conference calls, appointments, and deadlines are a few of the many tasks that must be scheduled for a smooth business operations. As employees and customers grow, maintaining an organized calendar is imperative. A systematic approach can be accomplished with the help of the Asana application. Asana is an internet-based system that allows users to create tasks, assign them to colleagues and monitor the work stream to ensure it’s completed in a timely manner. Available through desktop browsers or through your Android/iPhone/iPad, the app allows users the ability to keep a constant, time work flow and prioritize issues that require immediate attention. Asana tracks the task until completion, which increases overall effectiveness and keeps others aware of progress in the life cycle. Businesses must consistently check on their company’s work flow. Asana provides a useful, accessible option. Keep your team focused and your productivity regularly with Asana. Asana is free to use for teams up to 30 members. Price plans then range from $100/month for 30 members to $800/month for 100 members (above that prices are available upon request).